Opening for Bowling
Last week the Government lifted that embargo allowing all clubs to reopen, subject to certain social distancing regulations being observed.
The only justification for not opening the Club immediately was to give the Officers of the Club sufficient time to make proper provision for the hygiene and social distancing for the members.
The club will therefore open from Monday 25 May for very limited bowling under the following Conditions.
However please note the current government advice regarding clinically vulnerable people.
If you have any of the following health conditions, you are clinically vulnerable, meaning you are at higher risk of severe illness from coronavirus. You are advised to stay at home as much as possible and, if you do go out, take particular care to minimise contact with others outside your household.
Clinically vulnerable people are those who are:
* aged 70 or older (regardless of medical conditions)
* under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below (that is, anyone instructed to get a flu jab each year on medical grounds):
* chronic (long-term) mild to moderate respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
* chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
* chronic kidney disease
* chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
* chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), or cerebral palsy
* a weakened immune system as the result of certain conditions, treatments like chemotherapy, or medicines such as steroid tablets
* being seriously overweight (a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above)
* pregnant women
By using the club facilities to play you are probably increasing your risk of catching Covid-19. If you choose to play you are accepting that risk. If you don’t wish to accept the risk – don’t play.
Conditions for Bowling from 25 May 2020
Phone George to book a rink for a maximum of 1.5 hours. Only go to the club to play if you contacted George and have a confirmed booking.
30 minutes will be left between bookings. Arrive no more than 10 minutes before your booked time. Leave promptly after your booking.
Only 2 rinks will be in use at any time – allowing 2 empty rinks between those in use.
Only members of same household or 2 people from different households
Note: Not 2 members from one household and one from a different household
Members of different households must stay 2 metres apart at all times
No shaking hands
Do not share measuring equipment
Avoid touching surfaces
There will be hand cleanser provided. Please use it
Bring antiseptic wipes to clean jacks and mat edges before and after use. Ideally use 2 jacks to avoid members of different households touching the same jack.
Avoid the use of pushers if possible. If you need to use them, only one member should use them and should wipe them down with an antiseptic wipe before and after use.
Avoid using the toilets. If you must use them wipe all surfaces with an antiseptic wipe. I suggest you use gloves when handling the keys
Avoid using the clubhouse and changing rooms – bring your own refreshments.
If you have any symptoms stay at home
Please read the following guidance issued by Bowls England: